Russian Tea Cookie for Pinot Noir
These cookies go great with Paul Mathew Pinot Noir.
2 Sticks of salted butter, softened
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla (I have found that using the Finest Vanilla is the best), scrape down the side of the bowl as needed.
- In a second bowl mix the flour and salt together and add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture in small amounts at a time, blend until thoroughly combined, but do not over mix. The dough should be soft not too firm, this has a lot to do with the temperature of the dough, it helps if the butter is at room temperature.
- Using a small ice cream scoop make even sized balls of dough.
- Make a depression in each ball being careful not to split the sides of the cookie. Add raspberry preserve in the depression.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cooking sheet (I use an air cushioned sheet), place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes but check cookies at 15 minutes.
- When the cookies are golden brown around the edges of the bottom of the cookie remove from the oven.
- Take the cookies off the cooking sheet immediately and place them on a cool sheet to stop the cooking.
- Dust the cookies with a generous amount of powdered sugar. Apply additional sugar prior to serving.
Thank you to Alison & Jim Holman of San Francisco for sharing the recipe