Next: Roasted Dungeness Crab
Sweet Onion Soup
Four appetizer portions
2 large sweet onion - thinly sliced
2 cups chicken stock
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice onions 1/8 inch. Sautee in olive oil at low to medium heat.
- Once onions have soften & started yellowing (about 30 minutes) add chicken stock and wine & allow to simmer for an hour.
- Once the onions have softened completely, lower heat & add heavy cream.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn off & allow to cool. Blend mixture till fine & strain if desired.
- Heat soup for service. Garnish with Rye Bread croutons (see recipe below).
Rye bread cubed
1 Tbsp parmesan
- Heat oven to 250F.
- Place rye bread cubes on tray, coat lightly with olive oil & parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
Serve with Paul Mathew Pinot Noir, 2007 Russian River Valley.