Next: Tuna Ceviche
Lamb Meat Loaf
Three to four servings
1 lb. ground lamb
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 shallots, finely diced
4 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead the mixture with your hands until everything is well blended. Do not overmix.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Fill the loaf pan with the lamb mixture, mounding the top.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook until the temperature in the center reaches 160F, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Pour off excess fat and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with Paul Mathew Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir.