Serves 4 ppl appetizer
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 drops of Tabasco
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 medium romaine lettuce
1 cup croutons
- Wash lettuce in cold water & dry, coarsely chop
- Put whole egg in coffee cup and fill with boiling water. The yolk will be used, separated later.
- Hold garlic with fork and shave with spoon and sread in wooden bowl. *Remove garlic pulp leaving the oil.
- Grind anchovies into garlic oil with fresh ground pepper.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce. Tabasco, mustard, lemon, vinegar & egg yolk. Mix well.
- Add olive oil slowly while whisking continuously.
- Mix in parmesan.
- Toss lettuce with dressing and add croutons.